how much does a cockapoo weigh
General Features Of A Cockapoo Puppy
- The Cockapoo is not known to be a barker. Some, however, will bark when they see someone approaching their house, or when they’re left alone for long periods at a time.
- The Cockapoo should be a nonshedding dog with little doggy odor to the skin and coat. He requires daily brushings and will need his hair trimmed and clipped occasionally.
- Cockapoos are usually good for people with allergies since they produce low amounts of dander and hair.
- Cockapoos were developed to be companion dogs and are usually friendly and extraordinarily happy. They can do well with other dogs, pets, and children; older, more considerate children are generally best, however.
- Although the Standard or Maxi Cockapoo doesn’t adapt as readily to apartment life as his smaller cohorts do, he can do well if exercised properly. The ideal situation is a house with a small, fenced yard.
- The Cockapoo is so intelligent that he’s easy to train with positive reinforcement.
- Cockapoos have a moderate energy level but still need daily exercise. Expect to give him at least 15 minutes per day and offer a variety of activities, such as games of fetch, walks, and good runs.
- To get a healthy dog, never buy a puppy from an irresponsible breeder, puppy mill, or pet store.